Salvage Title Cars: Bargain or Nightmare?

Thanks to Bespoke Post for sponsoring this video. New subscribers can get 20% off their first box using code DONUT20 here:

We all dream about owning some of our favorite cars like the Nissan GTR, Subaru WRX STI, VW GTI, BMW M3, and the list goes on and on! Chances are you too have stumbled across the cherry-perfect “For Sale” ad on the internet for your dream car. The price is perfect but the title is 99% of the time SALVAGE! Is it really worth purchasing a car with a salvage title and what are the consequences?

WheelHouse answers all the questions about the automotive world you never thought to ask. Nolan Sykes looks at the history, sociology and psychology behind the cars you love, and the features you might overlook.

Some of our best videos ever are coming out soon, stay tuned so you won’t miss a thing!
►Subscribe here:

Check out more Donut Media Videos:

Want a Donut shirt or sticker? Visit

Like us on Facebook:

Click here if you want to learn more about Donut Media:

Donut Media is at the center of digital media for the next generation of automotive and motorsports enthusiasts. We are drivers, drifters, and car enthusiasts who love to tell stories.

1. Donut Media says

What salvage car would you buy to fix up?

2. Ryan Jonsun says

This guy is fat

3. D grave says

if you want a cheap car to last you for a little bit before you can upgrade to a better one, just buy a salvage and beat the snot of it. i love buying salvage cars cause i never put any money into them. im not the most glamorous going down the street but i dont care

4. Alexander Castillo says

Sometimes insurance companies total the cars way too easily. My dads 2001 Audi S4 was totaled after being rear ended during its first year, there was zero frame damage, only body work that had to be done. My dad bit the bullet and bought it with the salvage title and kept he car for 17 years with no issues, and then I drove it for another 2 years before eventually selling the car. The salvage title hurt the resale value a bit, but sometimes you can find a really good deal with those salvage titles.

5. 34southsavage says

Lol I already know what color your gonna paint the low 350 a week early lol thanks bro

6. Mara Jade says

If your really interested in sweet rides i suggest hiting up police auctions👍

7. Ri-Gal Productions says

It´s a little bit of a lottery… I had a 2007 Honda Civic for almost 10 years and it was almost perfect, never had major issues with it, only the regular maintenance and changed some more complex parts after 100k kms, but nothing to worry about. My gf still drives the car daily to get to work. As long as you have a reputable rebuilder and a mecanic you can trust it should be good

8. manny norona says

GREAT JOB EXPLAINING both sides of buying or not! Informational. 5 stars on the presentation!

9. Timothy Wilson says

I had no trouble insuring my rebuilt 370z… If you want to rebuild a car… Just do it

10. Richard Salinetro jr says

I agree with a lot in this video but I can honestly say I just trust anything a carfax ever says.i worked for a guy for 6yrs who was a wholesaler and only bought and sold at auctions.ive seen vehicles that had a clean carfax but yet it coulda had anywhere between 5k to 10k worth or bodywork done to them including frame work.i was personally told by a lady at one of the auctions that nothing will ever go onto a carfax unless it was a insurance related fix or a factory recall fix.ive seen a lot in the years that I worked for guy that makes me never trust anything a carfax says.best I can tell you is learn what to look for a look a vehicle over well prior to purchase.id even personally ask if I could take vehicle to put on a lift so you can look at as much of the body structure as possible for anything that would look out of the norm.if I was denied that opportunity to personally look over vehicle on a lift I would walk away from it without a second guess.as a body man you can see someone's shitty work as opposed to quality work when you look closely.hell some of the work I saw guy have done you could see clear as day to the point where I just scratched my head and wondered how people could do that just to make a quick buck.

11. americana_incarnate says

My parents nearly bought a 04 santa fa that was in the Catrina hurricane until we noticed how bad it was rusting.

12. Joseph McDonnell says

WESTIN CHAMPLIN FOR LIFE

13. RogueCanvas579 says

My dad bought a salvage car has always bought salvage cars and he has never had a problem with them. Kind of when he bought like Toyota’s and those type of brands they were great but it was the doges fords and chevys that just went to shit real quick. Not opinion just how it was

14. 69chantheman says

I have a VW 2015 Passat Wolfsburg edition TSI with 80k miles I got for 4150 because it was in a minor accident! And I’m a car salesman! Rebuilt titles can still be fucking amazing cars

15. ProfessorOzone says

You forgot to mention one other thing. I bought a salvage car to pull out the drive train to use as a swap. I didn't care what damage was done as long as it didn't affect the parts I needed. Just sayin.

16. Vikram Kumar says

I bought a flooded e30, perfect dd now

17. Alexis Estrada says

I’m new to the Channel and I love it so far! Keep it up!

18. Jackson Woods says

So yall just gunna leak the paint job like that huh

19. paulrnjpb says

If you plan on keeping the car forever and running it into the ground and eventually junking it it doesn't really matter if it has a salvage title if you are holding some kind of Hope of ever recouping any kind of money or reselling it don't waste your time you will lose your money

20. Blue Euphoria says

Buy one for parts only. My first car was a salvage title and back then I didn’t know much about cars. It was a waste of money and now I stay away from those cars. It’s just not worth it in my opinion.

21. Infinite Flight JPC says